Wednesday 28 January 2015

Clash of the titans ;)

Recently we talked about Philip Roth and his long career (with my 2MA group). We also watched a trailer for The Humbling, another film adaptation of Roth's work. To understand the clip below you should know that most of these adaptations have not been very successful, probably because of the complexity of Roth's narration and language. These are not simple stories to tell on the screen, which is perhaps why the author's attitude to the idea of another attempt is not very enthusiastic. Here is a story of how Al Pacino met Philip Roth, right after he had bought the rights for the book to be made into a film.



For those of you who have not seen the trailer, here it is:





1 comment:

  1. It's not linked to the topic, but I just wanted to share something:

    Al Pacino. "The Godfather III". The scene at the opera. The silent cry. OH MY GOD, breathtaking. JUST perfection. I'm not a softie and when it comes to crying while watching movies, I hardly ever allow myself to do it, but I have to admit that I weep uncontrollably every single time I see it.

    Here it is, those who haven't seen "The Godfather" trilogy (er, a short message before continuing - what the FFFFlipper is wrong with you?! You have actually missed out on one of the greatest movie adaptations of all time) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyaDlIirJnw

    ReplyDelete