Tuesday 28 January 2014

Any advice?

Having finished one chapter in my life (PhD), I am thinking of opening another. Since I have been a proud member of the Romance Philology Institute's faculty for a few years now, I feel I should start learning at least one Romance language. I have ALWAYS wanted to learn French, so the choice should be easy, except that there are some practical reasons why it should rather be Italian. The thing is I teach a course in Information Technology for students of Italian. Knowing that language would help me make their lessons more attractive for them, more suitable to their needs. Another thing is that I am surrounded with speakers of Spanish (I share my office with some native speakers of Spanish), so my everyday contact with them would probably be very useful if I chose that language, and would make the whole process easier. The problem is I am not particularly keen on it, to be honest.
So there it is - my dilemma.
What would you advise? And do you know of any good courses in French/Italian/Spanish in Poznań? Mind you, I don't want to make it very intensive or expensive ;)

When I listen to the song in the video below, however, all my doubts fade away... Isn't it perfect? I just wish I didn't need the translation! ;)

7 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ib_AvTNgM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This actually makes it even more difficult now! ;)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with French! :) But, why do most of you don't like Spanish? I am not a fan of it but, I have met several Poles who don't like Spanish at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Germán, Spanish seems to be much more popular in Poland than French these days, judging from the number of candidates for Spanish studies, for example, so I don't think Poles in general have a problem with it. Some of us love it! For me, however, the way a language sounds is very important, and to be honest I am simply not very fond of Spanish in that respect. It's a bit too rapid and too loud to my ears. I love Latin American music, though, especially to dance to :)

      Delete
    2. You said that You always wanted to learn French... it's the most important argument for:) You won't be disappointed:)
      Some teachers also said that French and Italian are similar... and now we have the answer:)
      Alors...
      Good luck with French and then (in the future) with Italian :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I've already started my French classes, and I enjoy them very much. I'm lucky to have a very good teacher :)

      Delete
    4. J'en suis très contente! Je vous souhaite tout le meilleur et bon courage! :)))

      Delete