Thursday 10 October 2013

A rather shaky start

So, here we are, beginning another academic year. Is it only me who thinks it's tougher than usual this year? Things seem pretty hard to organize, everybody is a bit nervous and irritable. I know I am, but that's a different story.

Despite all this, I wish you all a very good year, full of personal and academic success and satisfaction.

Let the game begin! :)

marsroverdriver CC BY-SA 2.0

Today was special in one way: it was announced that Alice Munro was awarded the Nobel  Prize in Literature. I am exhilarated about the choice! Her short stories are among my favorite reads, and they deserve to be read everywhere in the world. Actually, it's the other way round - PEOPLE everywhere deserve to read them. Because that's how Munro's stories work - they are such a pleasure to read. Her prose is vibrant, full of life and feeling and compassion. So, if you want to see for yourself, go to the bottom of this website, where you can find links to quite a few of Munro's stories, available online, for free. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment